Posted by : Lekhraj Joshi Saturday, 25 May 2013
This is a basic homemade vegetarian Tomato Sauce.
Recipe for Tomato Sauce
(1) Olive oil- ¼ cup
(2) Onion (chopped) - 2 cups
(3) Large carrot (chopped) - 1
(4) Garlic cloves (chopped) - 4
(5) Tomato paste or large tomatoes (chopped) - 4 cups or 5 pieces
(1) In a large pan, heat the olive oil, sauté the carrot and onion for few minutes then reduce the heat and cover it for 25 minutes in low heat till vegetables gets sweat, then add garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
(2) Then add tomato paste or tomatoes and then cook it till gets boiled and then reduce the heat and simmer it for 15 minutes till flavour gets blended.
(3) Then let it be cool then blend it and strain it through strainer and then add the seasonings.
Tomato sauce is ready and can be stored up to 3 months in a sealed container.
You can add water if the consistency of the sauce gets thickened.