Posted by : Lekhraj Monday, 27 May 2013
It is originated from Sichuan province, well great thing is the spicy
chicken dish stir fried with green onions.
Recipe for Szechuan Chicken
(1) Chicken (boneless) - 300 grams
(2) Corn-starch- 3 tablespoons
(3) Garlic- 4 cloves
(4) Oil- 1 tablespoon
(5) Soy sauce- 5 tablespoons
(6) Vinegar- 2 tablespoons
(7) Water- ¼ cup
(8) Sugar- 1 teaspoon
(9) Oil- 2 ½ tablespoons
(10) Green Onions (sliced) - 3
(11) Cayenne Pepper as required
(12) Salt as required
(1) In a bowl, add chicken pieces and corn-starch and mix nicely to coat, then heat oil in wok and add garlic and chicken and sauté it till gets golden brown, then add soy sauce, salt, vinegar, water and sugar.
(2) Mix them nicely and then cover the wok and cook it till chicken gets cooked properly for 5-8 minutes.
(3) Then add green onions and cayenne pepper and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
Szechuan Chicken is ready, serve hot with rice!