Posted by : Lekhraj Joshi Thursday, 30 May 2013
Easy way to make Strawberry Jelly at home with simple steps
Recipe for Strawberry Jelly
(1) Strawberries (chopped) - 1 kilograms
(2) Lemon juice- ¼ cup
(3) Cold water- 2 & 2/3 cups
(4) Castor sugar- 1 cup
(5) Powdered Gelatin- 1 cup
(6) Boiling water- 2/3 cup
(1) Place strawberries into a glass bowl. Cover with a sheet of baking paper. Place over a saucepan of simmering water for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally till gets soft then remove from heat.
(2) Line a sieve with muslin cloth, then place over a bowl. Spoon strawberries into sieve, then leave for 3 to 4 hours then remove the pulp.
(3) Add strawberry liquid, lemon juice, cold water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Cook it nicely, increase heat to high. Bring to the boil, then remove from heat.
(4) Sprinkle Gelatin over boiling water. Whisk with a fork until dissolved. Add to strawberry mixture and mix nicely.
Pour mixture into small bowl like dishes and cover it then refrigerate it overnight until set.
Your Strawberry Jelly is ready to be served!