Posted by : Lekhraj Joshi Thursday, 30 May 2013
It is basic Thai fried rice made from eggs and meats with any choice as you like and with the goodness of vegetables.
Recipe for Khao Pad
(1) Vegetable oil- 3 tablespoons
(2) Tomato sliced- 1
(3) Soy sauce- 2 teaspoons
(4) Black pepper a pinch
(5) Fish sauce- 1 teaspoon
(6) Cooked rice- 1 cup
(7) Chilli pepper- optional
(8) Any meat (chicken, beef, pork) - 1/3 cup
(9) Onion sliced- 1/2
(10) Minced garlic- 1 clove
(11) Egg- 2
(1) Heat oil in a wok and then add the meat. Stir it quickly till the meat gets done. When the meat is done set it aside.
(2) Add the eggs and scramble them until they are cooked. When they are cooked set them aside.
(3) Add the fish sauce, the soy sauce and the minced garlic stirring the mixture as you keep adding the ingredients.
(4) Add the cooked rice and keep stirring till it mixes well with the sauce then add the meat and the scrambled eggs along with the slice onions and sliced tomatoes then cook for 5 minutes.
Khao Pad is ready to be served!