Posted by : Lekhraj Joshi Wednesday, 1 May 2013
Key Lime Pie is one of the most famous dish with goodness of fresh lime.
Recipe for Key Lime Pie
(1) Egg yolks- 4
(2) Graham Crackers- 10 pieces
(3) Milk- 12 ounce
(4) Lime Juice- made from at least 16 key limes
(5) Granulated Sugar- 3 tablespoons
(6) Grated Lime Zest- 3 teaspoons
(7) Melted Butter (unsalted) - 5 tablespoons
(1) Preheat the oven at 300°C, zest the limes then juice them, then in a bowl add egg yolks and lime zest and whisk together till gets light green in color. Beat the milk and lime juice and leave it in room temperature till gets thickened.
(2) Blend the graham crackers in blender, then in another bowl mix graham crumbs and sugar, then add butter and mix it well.
(3) Then put this mixture in pie pans, make sure that the graham cracker crumbs form a firm crust on bottom of the pan, bake it for 15-20 minutes until crust gets light brown in color.
(4) Then pour the lime crust on the pie and then again bake it for 15 minutes so that it sets to the pie, then keep aside for cooling and after that refrigerate it for 4 hours.
Your Key Lime Pie is ready. Garnish it with Whipped cream and enjoy it!