Posted by : Lekhraj Monday, 22 April 2013
It is South Indian breakfast can be served with tea or any gravy.
(1) Semolina (roasted)- 1 cup
(2) Onion (chopped)- 1
(3) Green Chili (chopped)- 1
(4) Bengal Gram- 2 tablespoon
(5) Water- 3 cups
(6) Ginger (chopped)- ½ inch
(7) Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
(8) Cumin seeds- ½ teaspoon
(9) Curry leaves- 1 sprig
(10) Oil- 2 tablespoon
(11) Salt to taste
(1) Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds, then add cumin seeds and Bengal gram and roast it till gets golden or brown.
(2) Add onion, green chili, and ginger and curry leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
(3) Then add water to the mixture and boil it then add semolina little by little stirring it (don’t add all it once or lumps will be formed) and then add salt.
(4) Semolina will absorb water and will get cook, keep on stirring, if gets too dry then add water as required.
(5) Reduce fire and simmer for few minutes, keep on stirring do that semolina doesn't get stick to pan.
Upma is ready, garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Coconut chutney or Tea.