Posted by : Lekhraj Saturday, 20 April 2013
This is one of the most delicious and one of my favorite dish, called Chicken Biryani. Its main origin is in Hyderabad, India.
Recipe for Chicken Biryani
(1) Chicken (boneless)- 500 grams
(2) Rice- 1 ½ cups
(3) Oil- 3 tablespoon
(4) Cinnamon- 1 stick
(5) Green Chilies- 3-4
(6) Bay leaves- 2
(7) Cloves- 4-5
(8) Onion (sliced)- 2
(9) Turmeric powder- ¼ teaspoon
(10) Tomatoes (chopped)- 2
(11) Ginger-Garlic paste- 1 tablespoon
(12) Chili powder- ½ tablespoon
(13) Yogurt- 1 cup
(14) Onion sliced (fried)- 3
(15) Garam masala- ½ teaspoon
(16) Ginger (chopped)- few
(17) Milk- half cup
(1) Cut chicken into small pieces and keep aside then boil rice.
(2) Then in a pan/khadai heat oil, then add cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, cumin seeds, green cardamoms and cook for one minute, moreover add sliced onions and green chilies and cook it for few minutes and then add chicken pieces and saute it, then add tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, yogurt and cook well.
(3) Add little fried onion, add the boiled rice on top. Sprinkle garam masala powder, ginger strips,
pour milk and remaining brown onions.
(4) Cover and cook it for about 15 minutes, and then you may garnish it well with coriander leaves and boiled egg slices, lemon and herbs, that’s optional.
Serve 4 persons.