Posted by : Lekhraj Joshi Tuesday, 2 July 2013
One of the best salads to enjoy with!
Recipe for Gyros Salad
(1) Cucumber (shredded) - 1
(2) Salt as required
(3) Cream- ½ cup
(4) Plain yogurt- ¾ cup
(5) Vinegar- 2 tablespoons
(6) Garlic (minced) - 1
(7) Black pepper (cracked) - ¼ teaspoon
(1) Ground lamb or ground beef- 200 grams
(3) Oregano leaves- 1 teaspoon
(4) Romaine salad blend- 300 grams
(5) Tomatoes (chopped) - 2
(6) Crumbled feta cheese- 120 grams
(7) Greek olives, drained- ½ cup
(8) Toasted bread wedges
(1) In a bowl, add cucumber with salt, then mix well and let stand for few minutes.
(2) Drain then stir in remaining dressing ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for sometimes.
(3) Heat a wok, cook lamb, onion and Greek seasoning until meat is no longer pink then drain it.
(4) Arrange salad blend on a large serving platter top with tomatoes,
cheese, olives and lamb or as you like to decorate.
(5) Spoon dressing over salad.
(6) Serve immediately with toasted bread wedges.